How We Find The Best USA Sportsbooks
Finding the best USA online sportsbooks is a pretty easy task. We are gamblers ourselves and would only recommend a site that we have personally used. This takes out the work of researching the internet in search of a great sports betting site for yourself. When we look for a valuable sports betting sites, things like reliability, convenience, deposit options, withdrawal methods, customer service help, and a wide array of betting options is what we value. All of the sites we recommend are regulated and licensed by their home countries, giving bettors the satisfaction of knowing their online sportsbook isn’t just a rogue betting site.
Top Five Online Sportsbooks For US Players
1. Bovada Sportsbook
Betting online in the US has never been easier than at Bovada, where players instantly have access to a world-class sportsbook that offers odds on practically every sporting event in the country. Bovada has been the best USA online sportsbook since it began accepting players in 2011. Since then, players have been able to bet on anything around the world. There are no restricted bets at Bovada for any players, with the online sportsbook’s offshore status important because players aren’t subject to any restrictions that are set in their state.
Transactional Information At Bovada
- Sports Offered: 35+ with no restrictions
- States Accepted: US players are accepted from every state except Delaware, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, and New York
- Cryptocurrency Deposit & Withdrawal Methods: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Tether, Bitcoin Cash, and Bitcoin SV
- Crypto Sportsbook Deposit Bonus: $750 on a 75% Match (5X Sports Rollover)
- Credit Cards Accepted for Deposit: Visa Card, Mastercard, and American Express
- Credit Card Sportsbook Bonus: $250 on a 50% Match (5X Sports Rollover)
- Non-Crypto Payout Methods: Check by Courier and Bank Wire
- For more information: Bovada Sportsbook Review
2. BetOnline Sportsbook
An industry-leading sportsbook that was founded in 2004, BetOnline has been a reliable online sports betting platform for all Americans (except New Jersey) for nearly two decades. That much time and experience have made BetOnline extremely well-versed in its sports betting offerings, with players able to bet on niche sports like surfing and lacrosse in addition to major sports like football, basketball, and baseball. In addition to the BetOnline sportsbook, players will also find that BetOnline accepts and pays out more cryptocurrencies than the other top sports betting sites.
Transactional Information At BetOnline
- Sports Offered: 29 Sports + Same Game Parlays + Odds Boosters
- States Accepted: 49 States + Washington D.C. (No New Jersey residents)
- Cryptocurrency Deposit & Withdrawal Methods: Bitcoin, Tether, Polygon, Dogecoin, Binance Coin, Ripple, Cardano, Litecoin, Shiba Inu, Stellar, USD Coin, Bitcoin Cash, Chainlink, Avalanche, Solana, ApeCoin, and Ethereum
- Crypto Sportsbook Bonus: 100% Match up to $1,000 (14X Rollover)
- Non-Crypto Deposit Methods: Debit/Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover), Money Orders, Wire Transfers, and Person-to-Person Transfers)
- Credit Card Deposit Bonus: 50% Match up to $1,000 (10X Rollover)
- Non-Crypto Payout Methods: Money Orders, Wire Transfers, Person-to-Person Transfers, and Check by Courier
- For More Information: BetOnline Sportsbook Review
3. Fanduel Sportsbook
Fanduel Sportsbook is one of the most popular US-based betting sites largely because of the partnerships with notable celebrities like Pat McAfee, Bill Simmons, and Kay Adams. Those big-name sports media personalities may offer unique prepackaged bets based on their opinions and recent topics covered. From a pure online sports betting perspective, it is likely their cross-compatibility with their daily fantasy sports site that is their best attribute. Fanduel offers a relatively limited number of sports and is not available online in the vast majority of the United States. Until more Americans are accepted, Fanduel is likely only the third or fourth-best online sportsbook.
Transactional Information At Fanduel
- Sports Offered: 15 sports with offerings that are limited based on individual state regulations (i.e. college sports or player props)
- States with the Online Fanduel Sportsbook: AZ, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MD, MI, MS, NJ, NY, NV, OH, PA, WA, WV, and Washington D.C.
- Mobile Sportsbook: Available via download on iOS and Android (An additional geolocation app (GeoComply) also must be downloaded)
- Deposit Methods: Online banking, Visa and Mastercard (Credit and Debit), Venmo, PayPal, and Wire Transfer
- Withdrawal Methods: Online banking, Visa and Mastercard (Debit only), and Check by Mail
4. MyBookie Sportsbook
Famous partnerships with Colby Covington and Pat McAfee once upon a time were not the only reason that MyBookie has become one of the most popular sports gambling sites in the United States, as the site’s $1,000 sign-up bonus and a wide variety of odds helped the popular brand stay atop lists of online sportsbooks in the US. Another reason for MyBookie's popularity is the simplicity for new bettors. Players can practice with that large sign-up bonus and easily toggle through the sportsbook to find the bets that want action on. MyBookie also has an excellent help section that describes each bet type in extreme detail.
Transactional Information At MyBookie
- Sports Offered: 30+ with no state-based restrictions
- States with MyBookie: Every state but Nevada, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania
- Mobile Sportsbook: Available on every mobile device with an internet browser (no downloads)
- Cryptocurrency Deposit & Withdrawal Methods: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, Tether, Solana, Cardano, Shiba Inu, and Binance Coin
- Crypto Sportsbook Bonus: 100% Match up to $1,000 (10X Rollover)
- Non-Crypto Deposit Methods: Debit/Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard, and American Express,) and MoneyGram
- Credit Card Deposit Bonus: 50% Match up to $1,000 (10X Rollover)
- Non-Crypto Payout Methods: Wire Transfer and E-Check
- For More Information: MyBookie Sportsbook Review
5. Caesars Sportsbook
One of the most popular online sportsbooks in the US due to its fun advertising campaigns, the Caesars Sportsbook has seen a complete overhaul of its layout boost in its number of players since it was completed in 2021. Caesars Sportsbook offers players many different ways to bet but is somewhat held back by their lack of accepted deposit methods and payout methods. What Caesars Sportsbook likely must do to move up these online sportsbook rankings is add popular transaction methods like cryptocurrencies because of the safety that they bring for consumers.
Transactional Information At Caesars
- Sports Offered: Every major sport, but state laws regulate restrictions
- States with Caesars: AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, NJ, NY, NV, OH, PA, TN, WA, WV, WY, and Washington D.C.
- Mobile Sportsbook: Available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Deposit Methods: Credit/Debit (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover), eCheck, and Online Banking
- Withdrawal Methods: Online Banking and eCheck
Are Online Sportsbooks Legal In The USA?
Online sportsbooks are legal for U.S. citizens to use for gambling purposes. Offshore internet sportsbooks are legal in all 50 states. States that have legal sports betting and their own internet and mobile options also mean they’re legal for their residents. So, yes, sportsbooks are legal for sports bettors in the United States to join and place bets with. Using these sites is just like using eBay when you purchase your designer shoes for far cheaper than you would at a local department store.
It is a common misconception by many due to the word “offshore” that there is something not “kosher” about these sportsbooks. But that couldn’t be further from the truth. The US has no jurisdiction over sports betting businesses outside of the country. This means that sports bettors in the nation can legally use these sportsbooks. They are licensed and regulated by their home countries to do business with the United States. So, to reiterate, online sportsbooks are legal to sign up with and begin placing wagers.
Mobile Sportsbooks And Sportsbook Apps
There are a number of mobile USA online sportsbooks and applications for sports bettors in the United States to play to their cellphones. These mobile sportsbooks in the USA can either be state-affiliated for states that have their own legal sports mobile platforms while most are offshore sportsbook applications. Some of the very best sports betting downloads are local books, as sites like MyBookie and BetOnline prefer to just offer a mobile-optimized webpage. Whether you are looking to create an account, deposit, withdrawal, or place a bet, all of this can be done from your mobile device.
USA Sportsbook Deposit Methods
There are various deposit methods for USA online sportsbooks depending on the one a gambler chooses to be a member of. Each sports betting site has its own funding methods so each one will have variations, as with anything else. The most typical methods of deposit are by credit or debit card or through cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin.
These are the most popular forms of deposits accepted by all online and mobile sports betting businesses. The preference goes to Bitcoin for users that have an account with the company. The reason behind it is that sometimes credit cards or debit cards can be declined. Bitcoin will never be declined so bettors avoid any annoyance using their cryptocurrency. However, Bitcoin is only available as a transaction method at sportsbooks that are located offshore - the state regulated sportsbooks are not allowed to do business in it. Other widely used deposit methods include bank transfer, money order, and prepaid cards.
Using Bitcoin At Online Sportsbooks
Using Bitcoin at USA online sportsbooks could not be easier. The first step is to set up a wallet, which can be done using common applications like Cash App. Once a member has their Bitcoin wallet set up, they simply go to the cashier’s page of the sportsbook for deposit or withdrawal. A number sequence - referred to as a wallet address - which is essentially the user’s bitcoin bank rather than any personal information is typed into the sports betting website. When that’s done, members put in the amount of money they’d like to deposit or make withdrawals from their accounts and they’re done. Bitcoin offers the highest maximums when compared to any other method of funding and they are also the quickest when it comes to withdrawal times. Not to mention transaction fees are nonexistent. Sportsbooks often give extra promotions to customers that use Bitcoin as their form of currency.
Sportsbook Payout Withdrawal Methods
Payouts at sportsbooks for withdrawals allow members different ways to receive their payments. Every USA online sportsbook website differs in the methods they offer their customers. One of the most popular forms of payout is through Bitcoin. Bitcoin will typically get sports bettors their money within 48 hours of the request which is why they are at the top. There is also no fees associated with the transaction and they have some of the highest maximums for each request.
Other top forms of payout are money order and bank wire transfer. Each of these come with there own fees depending on the amount of money requested as well as the institution being used. Before choosing a payout method, make sure to weigh these factors into your choice. Check the sports betting site’s cashier page to see what different methods of withdrawal they offer and choose the one with the best terms for you.
USA Online Sportsbook Bonuses In 2023
All of the best online sportsbooks in the USA now offer sportsbook bonuses for new and returning players. There has been a recent shift away from the term “Free Bets”, with sportsbooks instead offering large deposit matches instead. When choosing an online sportsbook bonus, players should be looking for high total values and match percentages, and low rollover requirements. The best online sportsbook bonuses in the USA are:
- Bovada Crypto Sportsbook Bonus: $750 top value on a 75% match with a 5X sports rollover
- BetOnline Credit Card Sportsbook Bonus: $1,000 top value on a 50% match with a 10X rollover
- MyBookie Sports Reload Bonus: $1,000 top value with a 25% match and 6X rollover
Are Online Sportsbooks Safe And Trusted For USA Players?
Online sportsbooks have been safe and trusted for USA players to use for decades. Of course, these are the sports betting websites that have been properly vetted and doing operating a licensed and regulated business. All of the suggested sportsbooks on this page are the safest and most trusted websites out there for gambling on the games. There will always be sites that bettors will run into when looking on their own for a sportsbook to join that are less than honorable.
Luckily, this page lists all of the best ones to join. Using internet sports betting websites is as safe as using Amazon to shop. The sportsbooks are well encrypted to keep all personal information protected. The only thing that members of any site like these need to worry about are whether or not their bet will be graded as a winner or a loser. Other than that, it should be a fun experience for all of those that enjoy betting on sporting events.
US States That Have Legal Online Sportsbooks
The list of states with legal online sportsbooks continues to expand when focusing on state-regulated betting sites. The total number of states with legal online gambling has really been 50 for decades through international betting sites that are often deemed “offshore”. Offshore sportsbooks in the US are often titled as such to scare off bettors, but in actuality, they are legal in the United States because they operate as foreign businesses that are governed in their home countries. The list below is separated into states that have both offshore and states regulated sportsbooks and states that are strictly offshore.
States With Online US-Regulated & Offshore Sportsbooks In 2023
Future Of USA Online Sportsbooks
Since the 2018 repeal of PASPA, more than half of the country has begun offering some form of regulated USA online sportsbooks and/or casinos. In states that have to regulate sports betting at the state level, players will continue to use internationally sanctioned sportsbooks and casinos. The list states with online sportsbooks, online casinos, both online sportsbooks and casinos, and no online sportsbooks and casinos can be found below. States that have passed sports betting legislation, but have yet to launch are listed under states with online sports betting and the projected year of their launch.