- The Tampa Bay Lightning have opened as 1.5-puck line favorites.
- The Boston Bruins are 20-18 against the puck line this season.
- Bruins look to continue a five-game winning streak over the Lightning.
TAMPA BAY, Fla. – The Stanley Cup favorite Boston Bruins (+375) travel to Tampa Bay to face the 1.5-puck line favorite Tampa Bay Lightning. The Bruins have covered this same puck line vs the Lightning in the last six games that featured it.
The Lightning are a very strong 18-4-1 at home this season but did lose to the Bruins in their most recent matchup in Tampa, 3-5. Online gambling sites have set various odds for the longtime rivals, some of which NHL bettors could take advantage of such as the Bruins money line at -105.
Tampa Bay Lightning Vs Boston Bruins Odds
- Money line: Tampa Bay Lightning (-115) vs Boston Bruins (-105)
- Puck line (spread): Tampa Bay Lightning -1.5 (+205)
- Total: 6.0
Storied Rivalry History Reveals Trends
The Bruins and Lightning have been some of the NHL’s very best teams over the last decade, and battled for the Atlantic Division every step of the way. However, the Bruins this year are on a different level, being extremely heavy favorites to win the division (-5000).
Since 2021, the Bruins have faced off with the Lightning six times, with the Bruins winning in five out of those six as well as a perfect record against the puck line. The total has gone under in four out of the six and does have decent -105 odds, which is certainly helped by Vezina Trophy favorite Linus Ullmark (-300) facing off against former Vezina Trophy winner Andrei Vasilevskiy.
The Bruins have been unstoppable all season and there is little reason to expect a slow-down, as they have just five regulation losses all season, nearly half as many as the second place Carolina Hurricanes, who have nine. They also boast a massive 14-point lead in the NHL and are contending to break the 63 wins record (+325) as well as the 133 points record (+300).
With gambling sportsbooks giving Boston a friendly -105 odds to win the game outright, bettors can enjoy some great value banking on the Bruins to win their sixth straight against Tampa and continue their season-long dominance.
Other Notable Trends
- The Bruins are 4-2 against the puck line when underdogs vs the Lightning since 2020
- Lightning have won two out of their last five games at home vs the Bruins
- Against the Atlantic Division this year, the Bruins are 8-5 against the puck line
Boston Bruins money line (-105)