- Opposing quarterbacks are averaging a total of 21.9 DraftKings points per game against the Miami Dolphins.
- Lamar Jackson has racked up over 60 yards on the ground in three of his past four games.
- Jackson is the top overall captain play on the TNF DraftKings showdown slate.
MIAMI – Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens head into Hard Rock Stadium to take on the Dolphins in a Thursday Night Football Showdown.
Oddsmakers have tagged the Baltimore Ravens as 7.5-point road favorites, and have set the game total at 47.5 points. In a game that the Baltimore Ravens are expected to control, DFS players can look for Lamar Jackson ($20,700) to be the top overall captain on the DraftKings showdown slate.
Online gambling sites have pegged the Ravens with a 27-point implied team total (-115) for Thursday night’s matchup with the Miami Dolphins. Even at a high salary of $20,700, Lamar Jackson controls so much of the touchdown equity on the Ravens that rostering him at captain isn’t even a question.
Jackson has only scored on the ground twice this year, but he has rushed for over 60 yards in three of his last four games.
Prior to Tyrod Taylor busting this past week, opposing QB’s have been absolutely pasting the Dolphins. Miami has allowed four different quarterbacks to throw for over 300+ yards on them and have allowed 21.9 fantasy points against opposing quarterbacks.
DFS players that are looking to stack Lamar Jackson with one or two of his pass-catchers have plenty of viable options.
- Marquise Brown $11,000 – Fresh off a 9-116 performance against the Minnesota Vikings. Brown had a massive 81% snap rate last week.
- Mark Andrews $8,800 – Offers a steep discount off Marquise Brown, and will be more accessible to fit into captain Lamar lineups. The Dolphins have allowed big games to tight ends, Kyle Pitts and Mo-Allie Cox.
- Rashod Bateman $5,600 – The first-round draft pick secured five of eight targets last week for 52 yards against the Vikings. Bateman has been targeted at least six times in all three games he has been active for this season.
While Lamar Jackson does project to be a “chalky” captain play in the Thursday Night Football showdown slate, his odds of being the highest fantasy scorer on the slate is quite high.
Jackson’s safety at the 1.5 multiplier position should be emphasized by DFS players and rostered accordingly.