MNF: Can The Baltimore Ravens Win Their Fourth In A Row?

  • The Baltimore Ravens are looking to extend their winning streak to four at the expense of the Indianapolis Colts on Monday night.
  • The Ravens are favored by a touchdown on the spread and have -340 moneyline odds to win.
  • Spread trends conflict in this game but the moneylines seem set close to where they should be.

BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Ravens are looking to go to 4-1 on the year by taking down a weakened Indianapolis Colts team for Monday Night Football.

The Ravens have suffered only one loss - a Monday Night Football defeat to the Las Vegas Raiders, and they’ll look to win their fourth in a row this MNF time around against Indianapolis.

The Colts will have QB Carson Wentz seemingly in good health, as Wentz was listed as a full participant in Friday’s practice after spraining both ankles in Week 2.

Still, the Colts will need to pull out all the stops to take down the Ravens - they’re significant underdogs according to online gambling markets.

Indianapolis Colts Vs. Baltimore Ravens Spread Odds

  • Indianapolis Colts +7.0 (-105)
  • Baltimore Ravens -7.0 (-115)

At most sportsbooks, this line has remained static, opening with the Ravens -7.0 and staying at Ravens -7.0.

Some sportsbooks have seen slips wherein the Ravens fell to being favored by 6.5, so anyone who got in at that number should feel pretty decent about it.

At this point, however, the Ravens are at -7.0 with shading going towards them. Their 2-2 ATS record on the season does not offer any clues as to how they’ll perform on Monday though.

In fact, there are some conflicting trends entering this game that seem to point in opposite directions.

The Colts are 6-2 against the spread in their last eight road games but the Ravens have covered the spread in their last four home games.

The Ravens are 4-1 ATS in their last five games against teams with losing records but the Colts are 5-2 ATS in their last seven against teams with winning records.

A seven-point spread makes this hard to read situation even murkier and could encourage NFL betting fans to take the moneyline odds instead.

Indianapolis Colts Vs. Baltimore Ravens Moneyline Odds

  • Indianapolis Colts +270
  • Baltimore Ravens -340

The moneyline sees the Ravens as -340 favorites, which carries implied odds of 74.08% to win the game when accounting for the vig.

The Colts, then, have a 25.92% chance to take this game, according to the no-vig odds.

538’s elo based projections give the Ravens a 73% chance of winning the game, and the Colts a 27% chance of winning the game.

Based on this, it seems like a small moneyline play on the Colts could be a mild value position but taking the Ravens here wouldn’t be that bad in terms of value, although it would still be mildly negative.

The Baltimore Ravens will host the Indianapolis Colts for Monday Night Football. The broadcast will be on ESPN with a start time of 8:15 p.m. EST.