- The team of Agatha Bednarczuk and Eduarda Santos Lisboa from Brazil are the favorites for women’s beach volleyball odds (+350).
- The Norwegian partnership of Anders Mol and Christian Sorum lead the odds for the men’s side with a +185 price tag.
TOKYO - Beach volleyball has been one of the most popular Olympic sports since its debut in 1996. Over that time, the USA and Brazil have dominated the sand, splitting 16 medals between the two countries over the years.
While the days of Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings are behind us, there is a whole new generation of volleyball superstars waiting to earn their place in history.
The fields are set for both sides of the tournament, with odds now available for both the women’s and men’s competitions on online Olympic gambling sites.
Women’s Beach Volleyball Gold Medal Odds
- Bednarczuk / Santos Lisboa (BRA) +350
- Ross / Klineman (USA) +550
- Artacho Del Solar / Clancy (AUS) +650
- Pavan / Humana-Paredes (CAN) +650
- Claes / Sponcil (USA) +900
- Lura Ludwig / Kozuch (GER) +1000
- Huberli / Betschart (SUI) +1000
- Makroguzova / Kholomina (RUS) +1200
There will be some familiar faces in Tokyo this year, as the women’s side brings back two teams and the men’s side brings back six teams from Rio 2016.
For Team USA, April Ross and Alix Klineman lead the charge on the women’s side. The pairing is currently the No. 2 ranked team in the world and have been playing together professionally for three years now.
This will be the third Olympics for Ross, who is one of just four players in the sport with multiple medals, and the first Olympics for Klineman who transitioned from the indoor game in 2017.
However, the best value in the women’s division for those looking to bet at gambling sites on the Olympics is the Candian team of Sarah Pavan and Melissa Humana-Paredes.
The duo is currently the No. 1 seed in the tournament, and have won five world championships on the world tour since 2017. They are currently listed at +650 odds, which is a steal of a price based on their track record.
Over on the men’s side, there is much less parity expected in the competition.
Men’s Beach Volleyball Gold Medal Odds
- Mol / Sorum (NOR) +185
- Krasilnikov / Stoyanovskiy (ROC) +750
- Morais Filho / Cerutti (BRA) +800
- Younousse / Tijan (QAT) +800
- Perusic / Schweiner (CZE) +1000
- Brouwer / Meeuwsen (NED) +1200
- Oliveira / Oscar Schmidt (BRA) +1200
- Thole / Wickler (GER) +1400
- Kantor / Losiak (POL) +1400
- Leshukov / Semenov (ROC) +1600
The Norwegian duo of Anders Mol and Christian Sorum are the heavy favorites to bring home the gold in Tokyo at +185 odds. The next closest team is the Russian duo of Krasilinikov and Stoyanovskiy who come in all the way at +750.
— p1440 (@platform1440) October 24, 2018
The Norwegian pairing has run rampant on the sport over the last four years that includes 14 gold medals in world tour events as well as the 2019 world championship.
Bettors can still get plus money on the lead pair, which is a terrific bet in terms of market value ahead of the tournament.