Can Novak Djokovic Complete The Calendar Grand Slam?

  • Novak Djokovic has -260 odds to defeat Daniil Medvedev and claim the US Open title.
  • This would be Djokovic’s 4th Grand Slam trophy this year, and 21st overall.
  • Medvedev is a +4.5 underdog with the shading against him.

NEW YORK - Novak Djokovic is set to compete and finish up the calendar Grand Slam by winning the US Open.

Djokovic overcame a challenge from Alexander Zverev to reach the final of the US Open, where he will face Daniil Medvedev.

The Serbian legend is using this year to make his case as the greatest player to ever play the sport.

He’s won the Australian Open, the French Open, and Wimbledon, and although he fell short at the Olympics, a Calendar Grand Slam would be a nice consolation prize.

US Open Final: Novak Djokovic Vs. Daniil Medvedev Moneyline Odds

  • Novak Djokovic -260
  • Daniil Medvedev +210

On the moneyline, Djokovic is a serious favorite to win this matchup, as he should be.

In the (* head to head between Djokovic and Medvedev, the score is currently 5-3 in favor of Djokovic.

Their last matchup, in the final of the Australian Open, saw Djokovic demolish Medvedev in straight sets, 7-5 6-2 6-2.

When accounting for the vig, the odds on this matchup give Djokovic an implied 69.12% chance to win, with Medvedev clocking in at 30.88%.

In other words, the man (soon to be the myth and the legend) has a nearly 70% chance to win the finals of a major open, and complete the Calendar Grand Slam.

US Open Final: Novak Djokovic Vs. Daniil Medvedev Spread Odds

  • Novak Djokovic -4.5 (-120)
  • Daniil Medvedev +4.5 (-110)

The spread on this matchup is fairly intriguing, as Djokovic -4.5 would have easily covered this one in their previous meeting in Australia.

Their previous Australian matchup is the major guiding light here - their other matchups are either from non-slam tournaments or from before Medvedev was as good as he is now.

It will require an inhuman performance from Medvedev in order to overcome the odds posted by sportsbooks but the US Open is no stranger to such.

In fact, over on the women’s side, Emma Raducanu faced off against Leylah Fernandez in a final that required both women to overcome dramatically longer odds just to get there.

The most likely outcome, of course, is a Djokovic victory. However, as any online gambling fan knows, anything can happen.