- Michigan residents wagered over $500 million in November, the most bets in a single month for the state.
- Sportsbooks in Michigan generated more than $58.4 million worth of revenue in November.
- Over 94% of the entire sports betting handle came from online sports betting.
LANSING, Mich. – November was a record-breaking month for Michigan sportsbooks, resulting in a new highest sports betting handle and revenue pull.
Half A Billion Handle
For the first time since launching, regulated Michigan sportsbooks took in over $500 million in a single month. Michigan sportsbooks came in just shy of the $500 million mark in October, missing it by only $2 million.
Month-Month Wager Handle Comparison:
- October Handle: $497,565,425
- November Handle: $500,521,376
It also resulted in the highest monthly revenue pull the state has ever seen. Sportsbooks generated a total of $58.4 million in sports betting revenue, from a 11.7% hold rate.
Online Wager Revenue Impact
Michigan residents are definitely taking advantage of online gambling, since $473.8 million came from online wagers – over 94%.
Three out of the 14 online sportsbooks, in particular, handled well over $300 million of the handle, accounting for half of the total.
Top Michigan Sportsbook Handles
- DraftKings: $126,338,133
- FanDuel: $115,238,268
- BetMGM: $100,840,842
There’s no doubt that the majority of Michigan’s sports betting success is due to the availability of online sportsbooks.
Michigan sportsbooks have taken in over $3 billion in wagers this year.