- Will Smith is favored to win the award for Best Actor at -275 odds.
- King Richard has +900 odds to win the Best Picture.
- Aunjanue Ellis is favored to win Best Supporting Cast with +200 odds.
LOS ANGELES – The most prestigious award ceremony in Hollywood, the Oscars, is just three months away. One film to take note of evident from the entertainment odds is King Richard.
The film highlights the different sacrifices that Richard Williams - the father of tennis stars Serena and Venus Williams - made in order to help jump-start their careers. The film was directed by Reinaldo Marcus Green while the cast was led by Will Smith and Aunjanue Ellis.
Betting On The Best Actor
Best Actor – Odds To Win
- Will Smith – King Richard -275
- Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power Of The Dog +500
- Andrew Garfield – Tick, Tick… Boom! +600
- Denzel Washington – The Tragedy Of Macbeth +1000
Heavily favoring him to walk away with the award for the best actor, Will Smith is the top choice at online gambling sites.
Since the film premiered on November 19, Smith racked up four awards for Best Actor on his performance: from the Women Film Critics Circle Awards, the Palm Springs International Film Festival, the National Board of Review, and the Heartland International Film Festival.
He has also been nominated for Best Actor across 14 other film awards and festivals for his role in King Richard.
Betting On The Best Director
Best Director – Odds To Win
- Jane Campion – The Power of the Dog -130
- Kenneth Branagh – Belfast +400
- Reinaldo Marcus Green – King Richard +2500
- Pablo Larrain – Spencer +2500
Reinaldo Marcus Green, might not be favored by online sportsbooks to win the Best Director, his odds should not be counted out. He has won an award for the Best Director in 2019 from the Imagen Foundation Awards for his job on the movie “Monsters And Men.”
Fast track to now and Green has been nominated for two other Best Director awards for the film as well by the Hollywood Critics Association and the Satellite Awards.
Betting On The Best Picture
Best Picture – Odds To Win
- Belfast +250
- The Power Of Dog +275
- West Side Story +300
- King Richard +900
While the cast and director have already received tons of recognition for their work, the film as a whole has not been left out. Nominated for five awards, they have received three already - at the Chicago International Film Festival, Best Feature Film at the Denver International Film Festival, and best Overall Film at the Heartland International Film Festival.
Betting On The Best Supporting Actress
Best Supporting Actress – Odds To Win
- Aunjanue Ellis – King Richard +200
- Kristen Dunst – The Power Of Dog +300
- Caitriona Balfe – Belfast +400
- Ariana DeBose – West Side Story +500
Aside from Will Smith, Aunjanue Ellis is another name that has been recognized heavily by the film.
Ellis has already been nominated for 11 Best Supporting Actress awards and has already walked away with two winning awards. Those awards came at the Washington DC Area Film Critics Association Awards and the National Board of Review.